Thursday, January 8, 2015

Intro

Hello! My name is Michelle Stone and I am an English Major (said in a tone of someone who is in an AA meeting). I like long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to a fireplace with a nice book, and other cliche things. Since I don't live near a beach or own a fireplace, I end up just daydreaming most of the time. I suppose that's what describes me best. I am a daydreamer...and a bit of a night thinker.

This will be my very first attempt at a blog. It feels right since I spend most of my free time online anyway- usually to look at cat memes and to write Harry Potter roleplay (my greatest guilty pleasure). I have a feeling that it will feel quite strange to be doing something productive while being online.

A little over a year ago, I wanted to be a nun. Like, full-blown, habit and giant rosary, locked in a convent, nun. I thought this is what I wanted for three years and worked really hard to achieve that goal. But early in 2014, it was like God was saying, "Michelle...what are you thinking? You're too much of a heathen to be here." So I turned my eye to the career that all heathens pursue: Teaching.

Right now I work part-time at the Redford Township Library. I love it. I mean, what's there not to love about being surrounded by books all day (besides the silly people that come in to complain about a .25 cent fine that they owe because they don't pay attention to due dates)? It breaks my heart working there though because everyday they throw out boxes of books. I try to adopt as many as I can, but my bookcase can only hold so many books before it threatens to collapse. Many people have tried to persuade me into going into Library Science, but I like sharing what I know with people too much to ignore that talent.

In closing, here is an animated cat .gif that describes my day:

No comments:

Post a Comment